Friday, August 12, 2011

ROOTS & RECIPES

Every new years day our family would wake up really late. We would be sleepy eyed, cranky, and most of all hungry. But, every year we still woke up and headed to my grandma's house. I knew it would all be worth it, because she would make her famous Ozoni. This soup was the thing that was able to get me up even after a long night. After many years, memories accumulated and is still one of the best things about the holiday season. And for that exact reason is why my topic is what it is, and also why I am interviewing my grandma.

4 comments:

  1. Ozoni? Haha, I've never heard of that dish before. I can tell that you're project will be very interesting. I got a little confused on the last sentence, though. But I will be looking forward to seeing your essay very soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. joy
    i liked how you put your feelings when u wake up and why it is worth it to go to your grandmas. Also i liked how you said that your grandma wakes up very early and good sensory detail. good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joy !! Good job! I really liked the way you descibed how you and you're family acts when they wake up on new years day. I could already picture it in my head. :D haha, and ozoni ? that sounds very interesting ! cant wait to hear more about it. But I think you could use a little bit more sensory details to explain how the ozoni taste and looks like. But other than that, good job ! i really liked it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy,
    wow...you got three comments from your team...must be the princess thing ;>
    Nice job on introducing your food...like your teammates, I enjoyed the contrast between your mood when waking up and the change when you anticipate the ozoni your grandma makes.
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete