Monday, March 4, 2013

Shades of Grey



Completing this assignment forced me to rethink the choices that I have made thus far in my life. Looking back and trying to list the bad things that I've done made me realize something. That even though the days go by, without a realization of it, a good amount of us are constantly changing. Our morals  change from when we are five years old, to twelve years, and now fifteen or sixteen. The stages of moral and decision making shown in class were very accurate and thorough in explaining the how we make decisions at our different ages (although we all learn and mature at our own age). When I was creating the list of the bad things I've done, at first I couldn't think of much. In my recent past, this school year so far, I suprisingly haven't done anything completely unacceptable that it would have a big place in my moral scale. Many of the happenings that I've listed have come from when I was either in elementary or middle school. The rest of activities listed are ones that are anchorpoints, or things I do occasionally but am not proud of. I've learned that the recent decisions that I have been making are much better than those I have made in the past, and although there has been improvement of my judgement, there will always be something I can learn from my former decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment