Thursday, January 24, 2013

Allusion Poem- Final




Can I do anything right?
Bring honor to the family name?
Nothing.
Hopeless.
Shame.
That's what I feel
When you yell my name

I cannot be that flawless Japanese doll
I cannot be the perfect bride
Just disappointment would come
Only if I tried

I’m sorry
But not
I cannot change who I was made to be.

The katana slices through my hair
A final step from trying to be
The perfect girl
To go against the standards of the world

The impracticable things I do,
I do for you
For as long as you're fine
It doesn't really matter
This body of mine

But then I realize
Maybe I do it for me

Does the pressure of the weights
Drag me down
Or help pull me up higher
To feel of worth
And not just dirt?

Now I sit atop the beam so narrow
As the champion
Who finally reached the arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment